Fight That Flu
Get ready to roll up your sleeves and grit your teeth — it’s time for an annual flu shot. A vaccination is considered the best bet for a flu–free winter. Health experts recommend several precautions:
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick
- Stay home when you’re sick
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and hot water
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay physically active
- Manage your stress
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Eat nutritious foods.
Symptoms that the bug has bitten you include fever, headache, fatigue, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, diarrhea, and vomiting. Always consult a doctor if your symptoms become severe.