The physical act of chuckling relieves stress, protects your immune system, and strengthens relationships. Research shows that a strong case of the giggles also improves heart health.
So yuck it up with these tips for finding your funny bone:
- Force yourself to smile: Projecting a happy image rubs off on others — better vibes will surround you.
- Watch something funny: Make time for a rerun of your favorite sitcom or dust off your favorite mindless comedy.
- Talk to your funniest friend: Dial up that buddy who makes you laugh until you cry. Share funny stories or old inside jokes.
- Encourage others to be funny: Everyone has at least a couple favorite jokes they love to tell — ask to hear them.
- Visit a comedy club: It’s a unique night out, where professionals are paid to produce chuckles.