Fibroids, which are also known as leiomyomata, are benign (non-cancerous) growths on or within the walls of the uterus. These tumors can be a variety of different sizes and quantities. The resulting symptoms depend upon these factors. If the fibroids are small and do not cause any symptoms, a doctor may recommend that no course of action be taken. However, larger – or multiple – fibroids can cause pain, excessive bleeding, and problems urinating, as well as infertility and premature labor. When fibroids cause serious problems such as these, treatment options include surgery (hysterectomy or myomectomy), medications (such as oral contraceptives), and procedures such as the high intensity focused ultrasound (which uses necessary surgery or other medical action, the nutrients in the following may allow these procedures to be avoided by shrinking the uterine fibroids naturally. You should also avoid drinking coffee.
Fibroids have estrogen receptors, and are thus responsive to the body’s level of estrogen. During periods of pregnancy, when estrogen levels increase, fibroids tend to grow in size. After menopause, on the other hand, when estrogen levels drop significantly, fibroids usually become smaller. For this reason, doctors will often recommend a medication with an estrogen-lowering effect, which will artificially create this situation. Similarly, you may find it effective to take natural progesterone, which directly affects the estrogen in your body. Your doctor will be able to prescribe a specific daily dosage.
Supplements to treat fibroids
• Alpha-lipoic acid
• Coenzyme Q10 – As we age, CoQ10 retained in tissues decreases. In addition, CoQ10 may be depleted by several other factors, including overall nutritional status and inadequate levels of the B vitamins, vitamin C, and selenium.
• Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA)
• Inositol – May stimulate uterine contractions. Women who wish to become pregnant should consult their doctor regarding its use
• Milk thistle – Reduces efficiency of certain blood pressure medication
• Phosphatidyl-choline (Lecithin)
USANA Vitamins supplements CoQuinone® 30 is the Heart Health supplements specially designed by USANA Health Sciences to support healthy heart function. However, USANA Vitamins is for maintaining your health, not for treating a disease.