Eat These Top 10 Fruits
There are many benefits to eating fruit. Aside from being packed with vitamins and minerals, many fruits act as a natural laxative and can regulate digestion. The phytonutrients in fruit (which impart colors to it) are powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants have antiaging properties and can help prevent cancer. These ten fruits have a huge range of vitamins and nutrients, and you would do well to include them in your diet as much as you can. Fruit is generally high in sugar, so be mindful of that if you have to watch your blood sugar levels.
1. Apples: Apples are great snack food and are low in calories. You will want to eat them with their skin on as almost half of the vitamin C content is just under the skin. Apples are great for preventing cholesterol buildup, arteriosclerosis and heart disease. They are also a great source of insoluble fiber.
2. Coconuts: Coconuts are one of the most beneficial foods you can eat. They help with metabolism and digestion. Coconuts contain fatty acids called medium-chain triglycerides (MCT), which are very easy to metabolize and are used mostly for energy rather than stored as fat. They also have antiviral and antibacterial properties.
3. Avocados: Avocados are great if you want to lower your cholesterol and protect your prostate. The monounsaturated fat in avocados reduces the risk of cancer and diabetes. They are packed full of antioxidants and also are a great source of fiber and potassium. Avocados contain high levels of folate, vitamin A, beta-carotene and other carotenoids.
4. Blueberries: Blueberries are the most nutrition-packed berries. They have an abundance of antioxidants. They possess anti-inflammatory properties and help with vitamin absorption. Blueberries are also very rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber.
5. Bananas: Studies have shown that the potassium in bananas can boost your learning capabilities. They can prevent elevated blood pressure and the high fiber in bananas helps forestall cardiovascular disease. Bananas are loaded with vitamin B6 and vitamin C, are rich in fiber and contain amino acids.
6. Cherries: Cherries are loaded with powerful anti-inflammatory, antiaging and anticancer compounds. They contain significant amounts of melatonin, a hormone produced in the pineal gland that is known to slow the aging process. Cherries are loaded with vitamins, antioxidants and fiber.
7. Kiwis: Kiwis are rich in antioxidants and phytonutrients. They are the most nutrient dense of all the fruits and are exceptionally high in vitamin C. Kiwi are one of the top low-sodium, high-potassium foods. In many studies, kiwis have been shown to prevent cellular damage and even repair damage already done. They are also exceptional as a blood thinner.
8. Papayas: Papayas are excellent for digestive health and are often used in digestive enzyme supplements. They contain fiber and folate, which help prevent colon cancer, as well as other diseases.
9. Grapes: The skin of grapes contain resveratrol, which researchers think is one of the best potential antiaging substances around. Resveratrol is also known to reduce the risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease and to act as a powerful antioxidant. Grapes are really high in vitamins and minerals.
10. Cantaloupe: Over 90 percent of cantaloupe is water, and it is very low in calories, making it a great snack. It is high in vitamin C and vitamin A. Cantaloupe is also known to boost immunity, fight infections, reduce blood pressure and cut cancer risks.