East These Top Ten Vegetables
If you want to keep your health in tip-top condition, eat vegetables as they are packed with nutrients that your body needs to live a long and healthy life.
Here is a list of the top ten vegetables that are considered essential to maintaining good health. If you eat these ten on a regular basis, you’ll be getting a fantastic variety of essential nutrients. These vegetables are best for you when eaten organic and raw. And don’t shy away from the variety of colors here. The more colorful your plate looks with natural ingredients, the more likely you are to get a wide range of nutrients.
1. Spinach: This is one of the most nutrient-packed foods and is loaded with vitamins and minerals, including iron, vitamin C, beta-carotene, calcium and vitamin K, which is vital for the absorption of calcium.
2. Broccoli: This is an incredible super food with cancer-fighting power. Packed full of nutrients, broccoli is very high in calcium, vitamin C and folic acid and can help prevent heart disease.
3. Sweet Potatoes: Even though they are called “potatoes”, sweet potatoes are not actually related to the potato at all. The antioxidant properties of sweet potatoes can help rid the body of free radicals, which are linked to many chronic illnesses. They also have anti-inflammatory properties. Sweet potatoes are really high in fiber, beta-carotene, vitamin A, potassium, iron and calcium. One study showed that eating sweet potatoes can lower LDL cholesterol by as much as 29 percent. And eating two servings a week can potentially cut your risk of suffering a heart attack by as much as 86 percent.
4. Onions: Onions have antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties. They contain powerful antioxidants, promote stomach health and are great for building strong bones.
5. Kale: Kale has more nutrient value per calorie than most vegetables. It is packed full of vitamins and minerals, like calcium, iron and vitamins A, C and K.
6. Collard Greens: One cup of collard greens provides the same amount of calcium as a glass of milk! They have a huge amount of phytochemicals, which are known to fight cancer, and are packed with fiber, potassium, vitamins A, C, E and K, beta-carotene, magnesium and phosphorous.
7. Carrots: Carrots are really high in carotenoids, an antioxidant that has been associated with a lower incidence of many different types of cancers. Carrots are also known to help strengthen your vision and are also essential for a healthy colon.
8. Asparagus: Asparagus contains a huge amount of fiber and vitamin B6. It also has high levels of folate and potassium.
9. Garlic: Garlic is one of the oldest medicinal vegetables. It can reduce plaque and lower cholesterol and is known to decrease the risk of stomach and colon cancer. It also has antiviral, antiparasitic, antibacterial and blood-thinning properties.
10. Sea Vegetables: There are a number of different sea vegetables, including arame, nori, wakame, kombu, hijiki and kelp. They are packed full of minerals, vitamins and amino acids and are known to be particularly high in iodine, calcium and iron. Sea vegetables are known to detoxify the body and they have anticancer properties.