Some health professionals turn to art for its psychological and physical benefits — dealing with depression, loss of a loved one, or illness. There are dozens of art and healing organizations that promote its inspirational power. Finding your artistic spirit unlocks feelings of infinite creativity and possibility while boosting self–esteem. Whether it’s painting, drawing, knitting, woodworking, furniture refinishing, pottery, jewelry making, music, writing, film, or photography, choose your muse.
Not sure where to start?
- Research various art forms
- Find one that matches your skills
- Learn the cost and time commitment
- Take lessons, join a class, read how–to books, or rent a DVD
- Practice, practice, practice
- Try new ones if you’re bored or struggling.