Starting Your Healthy Life with USANA
Congratulations on your renewed dedication to staying healthy with the help of USANA’s nutritional products! Now that you’ve made your health a priority, you can be sure USANA Health Sciences will be with you, providing the high-quality products you need to maintain a healthy, happy body.
As you begin your journey toward optimal well-being, it’s important to remember that this is your first step in a lifelong commitment to maintaing the health of your body. Positive lifestyle habits are the key to health and vitality, today and into the future. But there are no quick fixes. Why? Because your body will gradually change over time.
The cells and tissue that make up your organs, bones, muscles, and skin are continually rebuilding, renewing, and regenerating themselves based on the quality and amount of nutrition you supply to your body. Consider:
• Your body replaces its entire water supply about every week
• Your entire blood supply is renewed every 3–4 months
• The majority of the proteins in your body are replaced every six months
• Almost your entire skeleton is renewed/remodeled about every two years—it’s not as permanent as you think!
After several months, you’ll have a whole new body. If you give your cells the best nutrition, you will get the best results, and your cells will function more efficiently than if their nutritional needs are neglected. Sticking to a regular, consistent nutritional regime will help your body reap the full benefits of optimal supplementation.
It can take a few months of product use to reach optimal nutrient levels within the body. The good news is, if you’re like most people, you’ll begin to see and feel the positive benefits of regular supplementation within your first month.
Get the most from your USANA® Nutritionals
As with starting anything new, there may be a period of adjustment for your body as it gets used to the optimal levels of vitamins and minerals USANA products provide. To make sure you experience as few side effects as possible, take care to follow these simple tips:
• Take all your USANA nutritional supplements with a full meal. This will enhance your body’s ability to absorb certain nutrients.
• Keep your body hydrated.
By drinking plenty of fluids, your body is better able to distribute nutrients to your cells.
• If you find you are experiencing an upset stomach or stomach cramps because this is your first time taking supplements, consider starting out with a lower dosage. Slowly increase your intake to the recommended guidelines over a period of a few weeks to give your body time to adjust to the influx of new supplements.
Supplement Your Supplements
Of course, proper supplementation is only one aspect of a healthy routine. To get the most from your new, health-focused lifestyle, make sure to take your nutritional supplements regularly and:
• Drink 8–10 eight-ounce glasses of water each day, depending on your activity level
• Eat a healthy, balanced diet of low-glycemic foods, including plenty of fruits and vegetables
• Get adequate amounts of sleep. This can range between 6 and 10 hours a night, depending on the individual.
• Get at least 30 minutes of exercise five days a week
• Quit smoking, and limit your intake of alcoholic beverages and soda
So, how will proper nutrition improve your life?
Stick with USANA’s high-quality nutritional products, take care of your body, eat right, and the possibilities are endless.