Mens Health – Prostate gland, enlarged
If the prostate becomes enlarges, urination is difficult or impossible, and there is a risk of urinary and kidney damage. All the following treatments can help.
• Take 4 teaspoons (20 ml) of flaxseed oil a day (must be fresh and stored in the refrigerator).
• Take 160 mg saw palmetto extract capsule twice daily, to reduce night time urination, and improve urinary flow rate.
• Take ½ – ¾ teaspoon tincture of nettle root in 3 tablespoons (45 ml) water, three times a day. This may increase urinary volume and the maximum flow rate of urine.
• Take 160 mg pumpkin seed oil capsule three times a day, with meals. When taken with the saw palmetto and nettle remedies above, this seems to effectively reduce symptoms.
• Take panax ginseng as recommended on the container.
• Take two 10,000 mg cranberry capsules, or drink lots of unsweetened cranberry juice.
There are formulae available in health food stores that contain all the most important supplements needed to treat problems of the prostate gland. The formula you choose should ideally contain zinc (picolinate) and essential fatty acids among the other ingredients.
Prostatis is an infection that causes a burning sensation when passing urine, pain and tenderness In the area of the prostate, pelvic area and lower back, fever, and exhaustion. The suggestions in this section must only be followed after an examination by a doctor has ruled out anything more serious.
Essential Oils – Chamomile, cypress, eucalyptus, lavender, myrrh.
Prostatis Bath and Massage Blend
• 3 tablespoons grape seed oil
• 15 drops cypress essential oil
• 15 drops eucalyptus essential oil
• 10 drops lavender essential oil
• 10 drops myrrh essential oil
To make and use
Mix all the oils together in a small bottle and shake to blend. If there’s time, leave for four days before using, so the oils have time to synergize or combine well.
Float one teaspoon of the blend onto warm water in a small bowl, and use for a massage of the abdomen and lower back.
Pour two teaspoons of the blend onto a bath or foot bath, agitate to dispense, and soak in the bath for 30 minutes, massaging any floating oil droplets into the skin.
Pour a little of the blend into the palm of the hand and massage over the body after showering. Paying special attention to the lower back, and sacrum area.
This is a fungal infection of the groin area often caused by wearing underwear and/or pants that are too tight, and which are made of synthetic material. The perspiration can’t evaporate, and the area becomes a perfect breeding ground for the fungus. The condition is typified by small red itchy spot that can become very sore.
Essential Oils – Tea tree, lavender
Wash the area carefully twice a day with two drops of lavender oil in a small bowl of water. Dry gently but thoroughly. Add five drops of each essential oil to four teaspoons (20 ml) of olive oil. Massage into itchy area two or three times a day.
Gout is caused by an excessive build-up of uric acid in the body that turns into crystals around joints, most commonly the base of the big toe. Attacks are accompanied by extremely painful swelling, and inflammation.
Internal remedies are of paramount importance in the treatment of gout. The absolute number one remedy for gout is to eat cherries – canned, frozen, or fresh. If you keep including them in your diet the gout won’t occur. Another remedy is the following tea. It’s easiest to make a few days supply at one time, (12 cups / 3 liters would be a four-day supply).
Use one teaspoon of the dried (two teaspoon fresh) herb to 1 cup (250 ml) of water, or 12 teaspoons of dried (24 teaspoons fresh) herb to 12 cups (3 liters) of water.