Making a World of Difference
Make a world of difference in your health by following these guidelines:
- Slap on sunscreen: The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that 90% of skin conditions are caused by stepping outdoors unprotected. Guard yourself from harmful UVA and UVB rays by using sunscreen — no matter what the weather is.
- Floss those pearly whites: Flossing gets to places your brush’s bristles can’t, removing food trapped between the teeth and stopping plaque build–up.
- Eat breakfast: Kick start your day with a good meal. Breakfast gives you much–needed fuel, boosts your mid–morning alertness, and helps keep off the pounds.
- Stop smoking: Toss those cancer–sticks and you may gain 14 years. 87% of lung cancer can be traced to smoking. Quitting is hard, but counseling and medication can help.
- Maintain a healthy weight: According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 1/3 of Americans are obese or overweight, putting them at risk for heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. Aim for at least 30 minutes of exercise a day (5 times a week) and practice healthy eating habits to manage your weight.